Creating a basic plugin
This tutorial will walk you through the creation of a basic plugin that adds the text "Hello World" to Pro Edition's Main Menu, next to the "Basic Features Group" header.
Reccommended stuff you'll want for this tutorial
I'll be writing this under the assumption that you've already got the following covered...
- A website with Soholaunch Pro Edition installed on it that you can screw around with. All feature modules should be enabled.
- FTP client and FTP access to your test site
- Some kind of code/text editor to edit php files with (Dreamweaver, UltraEdit, PHP Edit, Emacs, Notepad, etc.)
- Decent profeciency working with html, css, and php
The short version
- Create a folder on your local PC called "HELLO_WORLD". All of your plugin's files will go in this folder.
- Open Your FTP client, log-in to your test site, and download sohoadmin/program/main_menu.php from your test site.
- Rename this file to something like main_menu-helloworld.php
- Open the file up your code editor
- Do a ctrl+f (find) on "Basic Features Group"
- Replace those words with "Hello World"
- Save the file
- Windows explorer