Hook overwrite (deprecated)
(Redirected from Hook overwrite)
- IMPORTANT: This function is deprecated and should not be used. Newly submitted plugins that use hook_overwrite will not be accepted.
- hook_overwrite(source file name, plugin file name)
- Completely overwrites a source file with the file you specify.
- Original source file is renamed to filename.php-[plugin_folder_name] so it can be restored if plugin is uninstalled.
- Example 1 - calling hook_overwrite from your install_manifest.php
- The hook_overwrite method is utilized in the article "Creating a basic plugin"
- Try to avoid using this method if possible, because it makes your plugin more succeptable to conflicts with other plug-ins, especially on central files that many other plugins might be touching. hook_overwrite is meant to be a "last resort", "bazooka", and/or "club over the head" method for cases where modifications to the original source file are so extensive (or so numerous) using hook_replace() would require you to spend the next 48 hours of your life chronicalling all of the individual changes in your replacement manifest.