The Main Menu
The Top Navigation Bar is located at the top of the Website Builder.
- Opens a specified site page for editing. Due to frequent access, it exists in the upper bar, as well as on the Main Menu for convenience.
- Exits the current module and returns to the main menu from anywhere within the Soholaunch Website Builder.
- This feature will spawn another browser window that will load your web site for viewing, which is useful previewing and testing changes/updates.
- Controls the title of your site, overall search engine keywords and descriptions, splash page settings, multi-user access rights, and the username and password used to access the Soholaunch Website Builder itself. You can also re-enable the Quickstart Wizard through the Webmaster section.
- This feature will logout of the site management system and end your current session.
Frequently-used functions are located at the top of the Soholaunch Website Builder window, in the Upper Bar. Though it remains largely consistent throughout the Site Builder, the Upper Bar will occasionally contain additional, module-specific functions. These occasions will be covered later in this manual, within sections pertaining to the involved modules.
The Basic Features Group
- Create New Page(s)
- Use this feature to create new pages for your web site. You may create various “types” of pages for use with different modules, which are discussed in detail later. Because creating new site pages often involves creating more than one page at a time, you are able to create up to 10 new pages at a time. There is no limit to the number of pages that a web site created through the #sitebuilder# can have.
- Open/Edit Page(s)
- This menu item will display a list of pages that are available for editing within your web site. By clicking on the page you wish to edit, that page will be opened in the page editor.
- File Manager
- Through the File Upload module, you can upload files from your local hard drive to the server on which the Soholaunch Website Builder is installed. Able to upload a maximum of ten files at a time, the File Upload module accepts nearly all formats, and does not place a limit on the quantity, nor size of files that may be uploaded. This module also allows you to rename or delete any files that you have uploaded to the File Manager. This may be necessary if you have renamed a file, or no longer need images or files that have been uploaded.
- Template Manager
- Manages your site’s graphical themes (templates).
- Menu Display
- Creates a basic, graphical and/or text-based menu system for sites not utilizing custom-designed navigation schemes.
Advanced Features Group
- Shopping Cart Module
- Here you can add, edit, and delete items in your web site’s Shopping Cart, and also control merchant account settings and display features of the Shopping Cart system.
- FAQ Manager
- Stuff About FAQ Manager
- Photo Albums
- This module allows you to create and manage photo albums which you can add to your pages through the Page Editor.
The Main Menu screen also displays the number of visitors currently viewing your site. This can be helpful so that you can schedule maintenance during low traffic times.
- Forms Manager
- This module allows you to create and manage online forms that you can use to collect information from visitors.
- eNewsletter Module
- This module allows you to send eNewsletter campaigns to specified database tables.Database Table Manager : The database modules allows you to create and maintain SQL database tables for use with your web site.
- Member Logins
- Allows you to manage username and password security for various pages and sections of your web site
- Event Calendar Module
- The calendar module lets you add, delete, or edit calendar event data, and also control the display features of your event calendar.
- Info on SitePal
Administrative Features Group
- Site Statistics Module
- This module allows you to view your web site traffic statistics, including the number of people that view your site each month, day, and hour.
- Info for Backup/Restore
- Data Tables
- Here you may download, import, view, or empty all of the database tables created by the Soholaunch platform (Shopping Cart Products, Newsletter Signup data, etc.).
The group of menu items located at the bottom section of the main menu are known as the Module Features Group. This group of modules allows you to control added feature sets associated with your web site, and ultimately represent Soholaunch Website Builder’s true power. Each of these menu items will take you to the management module associated with their label. The descriptions of those below are brief, as their operation is detailed in later chapters of this guide.
The group of menu items located at the top section of the main menu are known as the Page Editing Group. This group of modules allows you to control basic aspects of your site content as well as any and all file operations associated with your web site.
The Soholaunch Website Builder includes a selection of pre-installed templates that you may use, as well as a Site Template Manager that allows your to create your own, custom templates. Additional templates may be custom-developed outside of the #company# #sitebuilder#, or downloaded from the support area of the #company# website.